Thursday, June 14, 2012

A book and a Berkshire website hack


I just got this bad boy today.  I'm talking about the book, not the Vox amp.  The author Peter Bevelin also wrote the excellent "Seeking Wisdom", so I have pretty high hopes for this book.  "A Few Lessons for Investors and Managers" is a condensed easy-to-read essay version spanning all of Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway annual letters as well ask BRK's  "Owners Manual".

I would have posted a link to the Owners Manual PDF, but it appears that Berkshire's website has been hacked. 

The Vox is about 10 years old.  It is solid state with a pretty decent tremelo section built in.  I've always been a tube purist, but a while back for fun, I put my D*A*M Red Rooster
in front of it.  I had it pushing a mid 1960's 2x12 Fender Bandmaster cabinet.  Clearly this 15 watt 8-inch solid state combo is not designed for that, but man! - that Red Rooster lit up the transistors in the Vox.  Tons o' fuzzy distortion, plenty of volume.  A good time was had by all.


Both books mentioned can be purchased here:

http://www.poorcharliesalmanack.com/

or here thru Amazon:



No comments:

Post a Comment